Fitel S178 Fusion Splicer Value Kit (900um Fiber Holders, Cleaver, Battery)
The FITEL® S178 Hand-Held Core Alignment Fusion Splicer is the latest, state-of-the art addition to the S17X series of splicers. By combining speed, precision, durability and portability in one unit, the Fitel S178 Fusion Splicer ushers in an entirely new range of applications for core alignment splicing.
Equipped with a new core alignment system that can save up to 20% on splicing time, the Fitel S178 Splicer’s improved heating mechanism can also reduce protection sleeve shrink time by more than 30%. In addition, a newly incorporated USB 2.0 interface speeds PC communication and image/video transfer, while enhancing reliability.
Although the S178 Fusion Splicer is significantly smaller and lighter in weight than previous models, its canopy design, durable metal body frame and rubber protection corners provide robust protection, enabling use in demanding environments without compromising splicing performance. Along with its rugged durability, the splicer also offers convenience. A new battery system allows up to 200 splicing cycles (splicing/heating) before additional batteries are needed, and an innovative, mirror-free alignment system makes maintenance work a snap.
While the S178 Fusion Splicer is fast and durable, it continues the FITEL tradition of quality and excellence by delivering precise, accurate splices even under rigorous conditions in the field. The S178 Fusion Splicer is your logical choice for a wide range of uses including FTTX, LAN, backbone, enterprise, long-haul installations, data-center and/or OEM applications. It is also an excellent option for use in the conventional telecommunications industry, along with other industries (including oil and gas)
- S178A-3-1 Splicer Main Body
- S712S-900 900um Fiber Holders
- S976A AC Adaptor for S178
- S977A AC Adaptor for S958B
- S943B Battery for S178
- S958B Battery Charger
- S969 Spare Electrodes
- HCC-01 Hard Carrying Case
- VGC-01 V-groove cleaning brush
- S178A User’s Manual
- D5111 Electrode Cleaning Disk
- S211B Fiber Stripper
- S325A One-Step High Precision Cleaver
- Fiber Prep Fluid and Fiber Wipes
- Rugged and compact handheld design endures harsh environmental conditions
- Fast splicing (7 seconds) at super low loss and fast heating (25 seconds)
- 200 cycles (splicing & heating) with new battery configuration
- Available for all METRO/LAN/FTTX fibers including ultra bend optimized fibers (e.g. EZ-Bend® Fibers)
- Splicer is compatible with the OFS, Diamond2 and Seikoh Giken3 Splice-on-Connectors (SOC)